Winter storms

Did you know that SB residents can retrieve 5 gallons of salt from the Public Works Department per storm event?

To report an issue to our Department of Public Works, please go to their webpage and click on the green box “Report an Issue”:


Another option for reporting road work that needs to be done:
Call SBPW at (802) 658-7961
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Office: 104 Landfill Rd.

The Department of Public Works maintains South Burlington’s streets (including signs, lighting, and traffic lights), parks and recreation paths, stormwater system, and gravity sewer lines. They also maintain many city and school district vehicles.