Register to Vote, Get Involved

PrintAre you registered to vote in South Burlington? You can double-check and, if needed, register on-line on the Secretary of State’s website: Click here.

Get involved:

If you’d like to participate in my campaign, you could do any or all of the following:

– write personal testimonials for the Other Paper, the Free Press, or Front Porch Forum
– go door-to-door for leaflet drops
– stand at the polls on March 1
– send a donation of any amount (please click on Donate at the top of the page)

I am also eager to hear from residents who have questions for me, suggestions and/or concerns.

Leave me a note on this home page or contact me by email or phone. I would be happy to speak with you.

Phone: 802-264-9636

Running for City Council

Meaghan Emery

Meaghan Emery

After three terms on City Council (2008-2010, 2010-2012, 2014-2016), I am eager to return to see projects through to fruition: City Center development, including Dumont Park, a new Library/municipal complex, and public-private projects; Chamberlin Neighborhood planning; open space and natural area management planning and visioning (for Red Rocks, Wheeler, and Underwood respectively); and continued mixed-use transportation corridor studies and improvements.

My announcement appears on p.8 in the January 21, 2016 edition of The Other Paper.

Please take a look at my Platform to see my list of priorities and guiding principles–they have stayed the same since I first ran for the Council in 2008.

You can learn more about me and see a list of my initiatives and accomplishments under Bio. I delve more deeply into my guiding principles and view of the City’s social priorities under Affordability.

I have had the honor of serving you for six years, and I look forward to continuing in this role. Thank you for your support.


Winter storms

Did you know that SB residents can retrieve 5 gallons of salt from the Public Works Department per storm event?

To report an issue to our Department of Public Works, please go to their webpage and click on the green box “Report an Issue”:


Another option for reporting road work that needs to be done:
Call SBPW at (802) 658-7961
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Office: 104 Landfill Rd.

The Department of Public Works maintains South Burlington’s streets (including signs, lighting, and traffic lights), parks and recreation paths, stormwater system, and gravity sewer lines. They also maintain many city and school district vehicles.